Intel Corporation today introduced the newest product to the Intel® XMM ® 9060 family of products, the Intel® Stratix® 10 GX 10M chipset.
The Intel Stratix 10 GX 10M enables OEMs to develop high performance, highly integrated field programmable gate array (FPGA) mobile solutions that depend upon software provisioning rather than hardware for programmability, and for longer service life. The new Intel Stratix 10 GX 10M can support frequency ranges from 50MHz through 3.6GHz and features enhanced programmability and 12-year warranties.
Intel Stratix 10 GX 10M features software support for a subset of the programmable-programmable-systems (PPS) on the market today. As an addition to the XMM 9060 family, it is the first PPS to include integrated FPGA hardware with one-time pass factory hardware parametric support, allowing OEMs to now control the software pipeline. This initiative is the first step toward a software defined NPU architecture that will enable programmability, autonomy and real-time operation in a TDP (Terrawatt-per-Second) environment.
“Programmable-FPGAs and customized, embedded end-points like those provided by Intel have been gaining significant momentum among consumers, solution providers and OEMs worldwide,” said Rick Noll, vice president and general manager, Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group, Intel Corporation.
“The introduction of the Intel Stratix 10 GX 10M is the industry’s first embedded programmable FPGA and supports higher frequency ranges that customers are demanding.”
The Intel Stratix 10 GX 10M enables several features that are important for delivering a software driven, high performance NPU:
- Simultaneous Support for 488 series 256-bit Hynix-manufactured 16Gb high capacity memory.
- The ability to support all frequency levels in addition to increased memory capacities, including 128GBs.
- Enhanced ability to use non-volatile memory and expand memory bandwidth.
- Extremely easy to provision and manage.
Additional features and capabilities of the Intel Stratix 10 GX 10M are available in the Intel Stratix 10 EMIB, such as the Enhanced SpeedStep™ integrated programmable gate array (FPGA).
Data encapsulation, array synchronization and storage support include:
- General Purpose Streaming instructions.
- 36 memory domains in the RISC architecture.
- Database fabric support.
- IP path bridging.
- Memory interface speed.
- System partition.
- Non-volatile memory support with 12-year programmability (SP6), and/or up to 5-year programmability (FP6).
- One-time pass factory hardware-level support including hardware inbuilt compiler/cores.
- Support for parallel TippingPoint controller and battery-powered implementation.
- Ethernet and USB 3.0, FAT and NTFS support with SD-10 port, along with enhanced memory density as well as additional expansion card lanes.
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are integrated in multi-device cache subsystem.
Intel’s flagship communications processors family, the Intel® XMM™ 8560, provides all of the I/O bandwidth necessary for high speed data traversing cellular networks.
It also includes baseband capability, enabling the first in-car OS.